Health & Wellness
Guatemala City, one of the most modern cities of Central America and a popular destination for medical tourism, has a private healthcare system which provides world-class care to its population and is always being upgraded. New hospitals and clinics, equipment, and highly trained doctors are always available.
We offer a variety of specialized medical services in our facilities mostly located in Guatemala City, with easy access and mobility within our modern city, a few minutes away from the hotel zone, shopping centers, and La Aurora International Airport.
Health and Wellness Tourism in Guatemala offers a healthy lifestyle vacation with innovative and alternative treatments, while staying in touch with nature and all of its benefits. High-quality services and a wide array of treatments, such as aesthetic, anti-aging and new relaxation techniques, detox procedures, salts and hot springs, along with the latest technology, offers visitors one of the best options in the world for Healthcare destinations.
Immerse yourself in a world of sensations at our facilities, from renowned spas, wellness and holistic centers, to clinics for aesthetic purposes, where health, well-being, and pleasure are perfectly combined to provide a natural environment while promoting restfulness and stress management with relaxing treatments such as thermal circuits and massages.
With a diversity of medical, aesthetic and thermal spas, in addition to medical centers specialized in yoga, nutrition and rehabilitation, among others, you will explore destinations that are truly beyond comparison, while taking advantage of stress-relief when traveling. Many of these facilities are known as wellbeing oasis, surrounded by an exceptional diversity of flora and fauna in the different microclimates found at a short distance from one other, which is why Guatemala offers unique options in this category.
Our country meets international standards for treatments, competitive prices, professional medical qualifications, and advanced technology.
See our gallery:
Here are some of the best reasons why you should choose Guatemala as your medical destination:
- Save up to 75% in medical procedures, compared to those performed in other countries
- Quality and excellence in hospital medical care, with more than 50 years of experience
- More than 30 medical specialties and subspecialties
- Exceptional location, only a couple of hours’ flight from major cities in the United States
- Great Medical District location, just a few minutes away from the hotel zone, shopping areas, and La Aurora International Airport
- Highly-qualified board of internationally certified surgeons and doctors specialized in different medical fields who have trained in the United States and Europe
- Immediate availability for most surgical procedures
- Reliable business infrastructure with an advanced telecommunications network
- Perfect weather for medical trips and stress-free surgical recovery
- Spas, yoga studios and specialized relaxation centers
- Unique hospitality- and service-oriented culture
- Weight reduction procedures with the latest health trends
- Hot springs
- Several tourist destinations for relaxing outdoor activities or yoga, as well as unique sites, such as the ancient Maya city of Tikal and the Maya culture on Lake Atitlán
- Yoga studios
- Wellness activities in direct contact with nature
- Hospitals: With trauma rehabilitation centers, luxury rooms, heliports, bilingual staff, high level pre- and post-operative centers, along with the latest technology and equipment.
- Dentists/Surgery and Procedures:
- Dental Implants
- Root Canal Treatment
- Dental Rehabilitation
- Dental Aesthetics
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Orthodontic Treatment
- Endodontic Treatment
- Brain tumor surgery
- Ophthalmology/Ophthalmology Surgery:
- Cataract Surgery
- Intraocular Lens implant
- Glaucoma/Laser Eye Surgery
- Aesthetic Procedures
- Plastic Surgeons/Procedures:
- Tummy Tucks (Abdominoplasty)
- Neck lift Surgery
- Face Lift
- Breast Implants
- Fertility and Stem Cell Clinics
- Laboratories and Diagnostic Centers:
- Nuclear Medicine with High Resolution 4D Ultrasound
- Automated Clinical Laboratories
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Coronary Artery Tomography
- Digital X-Rays
- 3D and Digital Mammograms
- Electroencephalograms (EEG tests)
- Electromyography (EMG)
- Diagnostic Cardiology
- Internationally accredited specialized clinics
- Backbone surgery: open, mini-invasive and micro-surgery
- Gynecological Surgery
- Hand Surgery (laparoscopic video and open surgery)
- Proctology Surgery and Procedures
- Radiation Therapy:
- Linear Accelerator (LINAC) in Cancer Treatment
- Our Body Treatments will be an unforgettable spa experience, restoring your balance and well-being. We create truly unique treatments that deliver beautiful skin and a renewed sense of inner calm, with an exclusive selection of 100% natural aromas characteristic of Guatemala, such as cocoa, cardamom, sugar cane, and local organic plants. Among our featured treatments are:
- Massage: weight reduction, lymph drainage, anti-cellulite, hot stones, and many more
- Weight Reduction Treatment
- Thermal Circuits
- Anti-cellulite Treatments
- Detox Programs
- Chiropractors and Chiropractic Treatments
Facial Rejuvenation Treatments:
Facial products are created at our Wellness Centers, infused with a unique blend of natural ingredients for a radiant and visibly-rejuvenated face. Guatemala is well-known for having one of the purest muds in the region, nature’s gift to you, so make sure you try different facials such as:
- Rejuvenating Treatments
- Firming Anti-Ageing Eye Care Treatments
- Acne Treatments
- Lifting Effect Treatments
- Anti-Blemish Treatments
- Jowl Reduction Treatments
- Microdermabrasion Treatments
Holistic and Alternative Practices:
Truly a one-of-a-kind retreat for those who seek balance among body, soul and spirit, engaging in activities of spiritual, emotional and psychological growth in a natural, magical, and eco-friendly environment.
Check out some of our best therapies:
- Yoga Retreats
- Thalassotherapy: therapeutic use of seawater, marine products like algae, seaweed and marine mud, as well as marine climate to promote health, wellness, and beauty.
- Meditation Retreats
- Mindfulness / Buddhist Meditations
- Metaphysical and Meditation Courses
- Silent Retreats
- Foot Reflexology Walking Paths
- Forest Bathing and Sunbathing
- Equine Therapy
- Emotional Kinesiology Courses
- Sound Energy Healing
- Naturist Health Centers
- Hot Springs
- Thermal Circuits
- Temazcal (traditional sweat lodges)
- Stress Reduction Programs
- Meditation Retreats
- Medical or Aesthetic spas
- Thermal spas
- Specialized Yoga Centers
- Weight Reduction Procedures with the latest health trends
- Hot Springs
- Complementary medicine, such as acupuncture, homeopathy, and chiropractic healing
Guatemala, a business, religious and cultural activity center, is a metropolis with colonial architecture contrasting with modern buildings, important museums and historical monuments that together offer visitors a unique experience. Its infrastructure, tourist services, and modern shopping malls have made it a regional center for conferences, conventions and shopping.
Guatemala City is the ideal destination for meetings in Central America. It is in an ideal geographical location, and has a wide range of hotels, great infrastructure and proven experience in holding conferences, conventions and incentive trips.
Guatemala has various convention centers attached to hotels and the COPEREX fairgrounds offers up to 21,658 square meters (233,124.77 square feet) for holding events in 14 different spaces.
La Aurora International Airport, the most modern airport in Central America, operates flights that allow broad and quick connections to major cities of the world.
The road infrastructure gives business travelers the ability to travel swiftly from one place to another, while enjoying activities and tourist attractions such as golf courses or Antigua Guatemala, the colonial city, among others. Ports and roads offer the necessary infrastructure across the country for rapid mobilization of participants to events.
Guatemala City offers convention participants modern shopping centers and the Historical Center with centennial buildings and churches. The Nightlife District (the Zona Viva) is in the heart of the city, near important hotels and exclusive restaurants. The weather in Guatemala is ideal for any activity or event at any time of the year.
Guatemala has hosted very important international events. Its offering includes lounges, theaters, museums, squares, event facilities, convention centers within hotels, and international hotel chains. A wide variety of restaurants, event catering services, professional conference organizers, conventions, and incentive trips are also available, as well as ground transportation and air connectivity to major U.S. cities, Mexico, Central and South America. All these facilities and services have been tested at international events.