DESTINATION WEDDINGS AND HONEYMOONS
Imagine your wedding in Guatemala, Heart of the Maya World, a country full of life, color, magic, breathtaking natural beauty, and mysticism.
The wide range of locations you can choose for your wedding varies from a romantic city declared “World Heritage Site” by UNESCO to a magnificent garden with views of beautiful Lake Atitlan or views of majestic volcanoes.
Not only will you have a wide selection of unforgettable sites to choose from, but you will also have a variety of activities you can choose for your guests to enjoy. You can have fun with adventure activities such as ziplining, rafting, and climbing volcanoes; or relaxing activities such a golf, sport fishing, bird watching or hiking. Besides these wonderful advantages, the best part of getting married in Guatemala is the experience of having a more glamorous wedding at the best price. You will have everything taken care of, more sophistication, and plenty of unforgettable moments.
Check out our gallery:
Accessibility and convenience
Guatemala is located in Central America, with direct flights from major U.S. cities to its two international airports: La Aurora, in Guatemala City, and Mundo Maya in the Department of Petén. If your guests are already flying from other states to get to your wedding or you have planned to fly to your honeymoon destination, why not fly them to a nearby exotic country?
Another advantage is that American or European citizens do not need visa, therefore, visitors can enter the country hassle-free. In Guatemala you will find the best hotels in Central America, from international hotel chains to ecological and romantic boutique hotels.
Most of the Maya culture developed in Guatemala, making it home to one of the greatest cultures of humanity with an amazing ancestral legacy and great constructions. Present-day Maya preserve the legacy of their ancestors, celebrate their culture and coexist with others like the Garifuna, Xinca and Mestizo, rich in worldview and tradition.
The favorite wedding destinations are:
- Antigua Guatemala: The gem that is the charming city of Antigua Guatemala, main icon of colonial Hispanic heritage, is only forty-five minutes from Guatemala City. Its spectacular volcano views, cobblestone streets and ancestral buildings built in 1543, create a scene where cultural and religious traditions emerge.
Couples can choose between churches, gardens or colonial ruins for their wedding ceremony. Newlyweds can stay in beautiful colonial hotels full of history and romance. This city was declared World Cultural Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1979.
- Guatemala City: It is the ideal venue to have a beautiful wedding ceremony and reception in an elegant ballroom in one of our five-star hotels. You can also celebrate your wedding in one of many venues that have been created, usually in beautiful gardens, around the city.
- Lake Atitlan: Lake Atitlan was called “the most magnificent spectacle we have seen” by John L. Stephens, a 19th Century explorer/ writer. With the impressive landscape of Lake Atitlan, surrounded by volcanoes and lush nature you will have the wedding or honeymoon of your dreams.
- Pacific Coast: Volcanic sand beaches can be the exotic setting of a non-traditional beach wedding. A romantic experience is enhanced by incredible sunsets, wildlife and water sports.
The best professionals with years of experience that provide excellent service will make your wedding unique. You can find a wide range of suppliers that specialize in wedding planning, and will give you exactly what you need:
- Wedding planners
- Travel agencies and tour operators
- Food and beverage
- Professional make-up artists and stylists
- Transportation specialists
Greater detail and elegance for less!
The low cost of planning your wedding in Guatemala is an advantage that will allow you to have finer details in your ceremony and enjoy more quality time with your guests, in the activities before and after the ceremony.
A honeymoon in Guatemala can also be tailored to your budget. You can enjoy boutique hotels, exquisite Guatemalan cuisine and entertainment activities without breaking the bank.
Wide Variety of Activities
During your wedding or honeymoon you can enjoy a wide variety of activities.
– Golf: There are six golf courses with incredible views of the different volcanoes in the country.
– Sport fishing: Guatemala is considered one of the world’s best sport-fishing destinations for sailfish and marlin.
– Adventure: Ziplining, rafting, surfing, bird watching and climbing volcanoes.
– Historical walks: The legends of some of the world’s most fascinating cultures originated here. Visit and enjoy captivating archaeological sites surrounded by jungle.
– Colonial tourism: You can learn about the colonial Hispanic heritage and the experiences of the Maya, Xinca, and Garifuna people.
Guatemala is the Heart of the Maya World; a living, magical, mystical, and ancestral country. Its history goes back four thousand years, when the Maya Civilization emerged, and its legacy lives on today in its traditions and culture.
- It has three sites declared World Heritage Sites by UNESCO: Tikal National Park, the Archaeological Park and Ruins of Quiriguá, and the city of Antigua Guatemala.
- It is a unique, unforgettable country, full of adventures between its past and present, and offers visitors a wide range of activities.
- The colorful crafts markets and regional dress, the hospitality of its people, the beauty of the natural landscapes framed by volcanoes, lakes, rivers, and mountains, all make Guatemala memorable to those who visit it.
Guatemala is known as the country of “eternal spring”. Lacking extreme temperatures, a warm climate is guaranteed throughout the year. Its average temperature is 22C° (70F°).
Other activities in Guatemala
Guatemala is one of the most modern cities in Latin America and has positioned itself in recent years as a destination for world-class health and wellness tourism services. The wellness services offered are highly competitive and that’s why the country hosts more and more travelers in search of health sanctuaries. This is combined with unique scenarios, providing highly qualified and trained personnel who offer a warm and personalized treatment.
You can enjoy all this surrounded by exotic landscapes of forests of millenary trees that gave rise to advanced civilizations that held strong connections with the universe. You will also enjoy volcanic sand beaches and a privileged climate that allows to experience the scent of flowers, and the aroma of cocoa, coffee and cane to complement the unique sensory experience. All this and more are the experiences that Guatemala’s atmosphere offers in wellbeing.
Some of the services might be:
- Natural hot springs
- Thermal, medical or aesthetic spas
- Specialized yoga and meditation centers
- Complementary medicine such as acupuncture, homeopathy and chiropractic
- Weight reduction procedures with the latest health trends