The Church of San Francisco was built in 1579, surrounded by walls with battlements. Its west façade has beautiful Salomonic cushioned columns. Once a year, the main façade of the temple with its 12 niches may be seen.
In the interior that is accessible by a lateral door, there are beautiful baroque altar pieces and figurines, all laminated in gold. The central altar conserves the body of Saint Hermano Pedro de San Jose de Betancur who has a following of catholic devotees from Guatemala and Central America.
Inside the church is the Museum of Saint Hermano Pedro exhibiting relics, clothing and his personal objects.