The Palace of the City Council (Town Hall), Antigua Guatemala

The Palace of the City Council (Town Hall)

This construction retains its original form since 1743, year during which it served as a seat for the council. The impressive two-story façade shows massive stone arches and the eastern wall is one of the few that displays the original coating of carved stones. Due to its magnificent construction, it was used as a prison during colonial times. 

Today, it houses the offices of the municipal authorities and the Museum of the Ancient Book.

Contact Us

Instituto Guatemalteco de Turismo -INGUAT-

7 av. 1-17 zona 4, Centro Cívico, Guatemala City.
Phone: (502)24212800
Email: info@inguat.gob.gt